(Translated by https://www.hiragana.jp/)
Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion (100 - ) - Forums - MyAnimeList.net
Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2021 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
Damnd nice episode, thought they leave this one for the final episode of this season to give us a really big Cliffhanger, cant wait to see the next one but also sad that it take some time bevor next season starts

Eris was best girl untill that moment, she manage to break rudi complete and it will take years for him to recover.

And to be honest

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeDec 12, 2021 12:42 PM
Dec 12, 2021 11:33 AM

Nov 2019
It's just run off the mill, after all...
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 12, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2007
What a heartwrenching episode. I thought we might be some relief with the Rudy x Eris scene, but she leaves the next morning!

Very sad to see Ruijerd go as well. I know he only promised to take them home and Rudy already helped him so much, I just didn't expect to see him leave so quickly.

This episode did display all 3 of their development thus far very nicely though. Now a new journey will begin...
Dec 12, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2019
This season was full of surface level writing with an apathetic sendoff that's full of superficial emotions. The original concept that the series promised: Live a life where a person change for the better. Yet, Rudues as a person barely had any development.

But hey, at least the show fulfilled its fantasies. And people are digging into its garbage writing.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 12, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2020
damm bro
this episode was so mood
i was celebrating ma bros victory but it failed successfully at the end
and 1 episode remaining, i hope he can find his mom before season ends
Dec 12, 2021 11:44 AM
Apr 2021
I now have depresion after seeing him alone :(((
Dec 12, 2021 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
Eris' mother sure taught her some good stuff.
I think I can guess what's the reason behind her leaving. I hope Rudy won't saty down for too long.

So now we have Rudeus alone with nothing left to do but head out to search for his mother. Depending on what happens next week, it seems like a nice place to end the season. Now let's pray for S3 announcement...
JustAnotherShiroDec 12, 2021 11:51 AM
Dec 12, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Im gonna need some Rudues going wild and getting his woman back as she has clearly gone to take up the marriage proposal to protect her peeps.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 12, 2021 11:47 AM
Feb 2021
It was a sad episode, and the love scene was tastefully done, instead of creepy and cringe. This and the prior episode were the best of the series IMO.
Dec 12, 2021 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
Rudeus has become truly alone.
Dec 12, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
So, it was just about as I expected after this event was described to me many moons ago. It once again brushed past the pedophilic aspects to get to a more "urgent" matter, that being Eris's turmoil and resolution. Given it has consistently done this and continues to do so, I foresee I won't be very surprised by the upcoming ventures in regards to this specific topic if it is ever at all relevant again, given they're soon graduating from that stage in their physical lives and it's not been addressed even once...ever.

I'm not disappointed actually because that'd mean I had any hope that what the LN's readers telling me was anything resembling the truth in regards to this topic. O'well! Future episodes are bound to shut me up any second, as the series continues to simply ignore the topic like it always has and I'll be here, documenting nothing happening.

Hey, at least it wasn't a comedy-laden slap fest like the last time they laid so I'll take it focusing on Eris as a character.

Aside from that moment, eh. T'was a nice and cool departure for Ruijerd and the washed-out color palette was reflective of all the partings.
Dec 12, 2021 11:57 AM
Nov 2016
My boy lost everything in a single episode. Incredibly well made episode but very-very sad.
Dec 12, 2021 11:58 AM

Oct 2017
Just one complaint...

Why The F!@# did she cut her hair?!?
Dec 12, 2021 11:59 AM

Dec 2013
Bitch move by Eris, what a shame how she went straight back to worst girl in 2 minutes
It's okay Rudy just reunite with Roxy and go find Sylphie
Dec 12, 2021 12:05 PM

Sep 2007
I teared up at the end without realizing = sign of masterfully executed episode.

And I'm sure that "wooden pillar" awkwardly placed in the middle of the "tent" will totally be not there in the BDs...it looked THAT out-of-place.

Annnnd it's sinking in now there's only one episode left. WHAAAAA?! Whatever happens, it better end with an announcement for a greenlit next season. There's no way he can go find Slyphie and his mom in one ep.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 12, 2021 12:07 PM

Sep 2018
LordSozin said:
This season was full of surface level writing with an apathetic sendoff that's full of superficial emotions. The original concept that the series promised: Live a life where a person change for the better. Yet, Rudues as a person barely had any development.

But hey, at least the show fulfilled its fantasies. And people are digging into its garbage writing.

>rudeus barely had any developmont

Are we even watching the same show? lmao
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Dec 12, 2021 12:11 PM

Jun 2019
I thought this might’ve been the episode that it happened, but I didn’t expect it to end with Eris leaving to become the new Greyrat lord’s wife (not confirmed, but implied). How they depicted their scene was also very respectable.

1 episode left and Rudy is all alone for the first time.
Dec 12, 2021 12:11 PM

Feb 2021
Oh boy, this episode had way too much to take in at once.
Dec 12, 2021 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
My boy Rudy got some....and then she left him right after 😭 he really lost everything in this episode, this one was bittersweet.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeDec 12, 2021 12:44 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
I thought this might’ve been the episode that it happened, but I didn’t expect it to end with Eris leaving to become the new Greyrat lord’s wife (not confirmed, but implied). How they depicted their scene was also very respectable.

Not to say anything spoilers but there was no wife offer, only concubine which is essentially a mistress.
Dec 12, 2021 12:19 PM
Oct 2021
This episode was far more depressing than I was expecting. We see everyone going their separate ways and all their homes turned into a wasteland. At least we got to see the return of Ghislaine and Rudy becoming a man. But that ending definitely got me. Of course Rudy would start sobbing after Eris basically abandons him in the middle of the night.
Dec 12, 2021 12:19 PM

Jun 2019
RainyShadow said:
Just one complaint...

Why The F!@# did she cut her hair?!?

I haven’t read the source material, but she may have cut her hair to disguise herself and avoid getting married to the new Greyrat lord. Her long red hair makes her easy to identify and they never confirmed that she went to get married to that guy, only implied it.

My guess is either that or a symbolic representation that her life with Rudy has ended and she must now take up her familial responsibilities and marry the new lord.
Dec 12, 2021 12:20 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread is in the process of being cleaned.

Posts need to be in English.
Posts need to be talking about the contents of the episode, not about the contents of this thread.
Posts can't contain abuse or trolling.

If you want to have a personal conversation about the episode with somebody, do it in PMs or in profile comments. Having a long discussion, especially about taboo topics, just bogs down the thread and often leads to rule violations that can result in a warning or a ban.
Dec 12, 2021 12:21 PM

Jun 2019
dabdabgoose said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Not to say anything spoilers but there was no wife offer, only concubine which is essentially a mistress.

Yeah it’s essentially a low rank 2nd wife, but she would still be confined to only him.
Dec 12, 2021 12:23 PM
Apr 2020
Blue_Maroon said:

I don't think 'Implied' is a good word to be used in this context tbh, Alphonse did say that Notos Greyrat would like to accept Eris as his wife, BUT Ghislaine was clearly against that, and it is stated that Eris left to a "journey" with Ghislaine, so at least I don't think they are going to Notos' place.
Dec 12, 2021 12:26 PM

Jun 2020
Damn. I heard so much about this episode being controversial and it might have been but I have to say this , they did an absolutely phenomenal job in portraying the scene. They literally changed the whole meaning of the scene which now looks as a culmination of their adventure and time together. Especially with what follows..... A really sad episode. Both Ruijerd and Eris have left. I almost cried twice in this episode. The soundtracks are mesmerizing. It will definitely be interesting to see what Rudeus does from here on out.
Dec 12, 2021 12:29 PM

Jan 2021
The lack of ED hit just as hard as Rudeus finding the note, maybe even harder.

I don't feel satisfied at all after watching this episode - proof that the production, direction, and writing are solid.
Dec 12, 2021 12:30 PM

Jun 2019
DaveKX said:
Blue_Maroon said:

I don't think 'Implied' is a good word to be used in this context tbh, Alphonse did say that Notos Greyrat would like to accept Eris as his wife, BUT Ghislaine was clearly against that, and it is stated that Eris left to a "journey" with Ghislaine, so at least I don't think they are going to Notos' place.

Eris saying she is “going on a journey” could just be her way of giving Rudeus piece of mind while she becomes a concubine to Notos. Instructing that one guy to not tell him shere she is going also implies that she went to Notos because she wouldn’t want Rudeus to interfere with what she needs to do. That seems to be what Rudy thinks too because in his eyes, why else would she leave him after abruptly fulfilling her promise to him?
Dec 12, 2021 12:30 PM

Sep 2018
LordSozin said:
This season was full of surface level writing...

Care to provide an example or two (should be easy for you)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Dec 12, 2021 12:37 PM
Sep 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
DaveKX said:

Eris saying she is “going on a journey” could just be her way of giving Rudeus piece of mind while she becomes a concubine to Notos. Instructing that one guy to not tell him shere she is going also implies that she went to Notos because she wouldn’t want Rudeus to interfere with what she needs to do. That seems to be what Rudy thinks too because in his eyes, why else would she leave him after abruptly fulfilling her promise to him?

Or maybe Eris saying she is going on a journey could just mean that she is going on a journey lol.

It never gets old reading the fandoms headcanons xD
Dec 12, 2021 12:39 PM
Apr 2016
Powerful, devastating and unexpected. Left a void in my soul. Everybody left Rudy... what a banger truly with a superb directorial job by Studio Bind.

Speechless really especially considering last week’s episode was that that good as well.
Dec 12, 2021 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
DaveKX said:

The other reason the show has hinted is her insecurities over always being behind rudeus trying to catch up(most notably shown in episode 12 after the sword fight where rudeus beats her using the foresight eye) which she crys about it being unfair.

Meaning she probably wants to get stronger, the fact she left with Ghislaine hints that.
Dec 12, 2021 12:41 PM
Apr 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
DaveKX said:

While your thinking doesn't sound bad, I still think that when she said in that letter that she and Rudeus "aren't well matched" she was talking about strenght, and so she left in a journey with Ghislaine, who will most likely train her, in order to become stronger to protect Rudeus in cases like a fight against Orsted or something. We even can see her reaction when Rudeus were trying to learn that disturbing magic spell, she seemed a little sad when he said that he was trying to learn that so they could at least escape alive against Orsted if they were to fight again. That reaction of hers told me that she realized that she should train way harder just to try to keep up with Rudeus. So this is why I don't think she will go to Notos just like that after fulfilling her promise.
Dec 12, 2021 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
Eris really needs to learn to write a proper note or at least tell Rudeus the truth minus points for the hair cutting nonsense trope. Seriea has been fantastic though.
Dec 12, 2021 12:47 PM
Mar 2015
Dead End comes to a Dead End
Dec 12, 2021 12:48 PM

Jun 2019
Siegfried10 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Or maybe Eris saying she is going on a journey could just mean that she is going on a journey lol.

It never gets old reading the fandoms headcanons xD

A journey after she has been on a journey for the past 3-4 years? Without Rudy, who she loves? Right after fulfilling a promise that she knew meant a lot to him? We are clearly supposed to be skeptical of her explanation. Although I do not believe she went to Notos, that is what the show is currently implying.

My current theory is that she is not going to Notos and is distancing herself from Rudy for his safety as he continues to search for his mom. Her cutting her hair could be an effort to conceal her identity. Then, after Rudy has found his mother and Eris found a safe place to settle down, she will contact Rudy again. Calling this a journey wouldn’t be accurate in my mind either.
Dec 12, 2021 12:49 PM

May 2016
I cringed really hard at that kittens line she threw out there.

but no confirmation of next season yet?
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Comments that just serve to bait others are not allowed. If you want to have an honest discussion about something, then at least provide an explanation instead of just saying the other person is wrong. If it's a sensitive subject or a topic which may bog down the thread in back and forth arguing, do it in PMs or profile comments.
Nov 2019
Cutting off of the hair, leaving with Ghislane on a "journey" and being de-flowered by Rudy. All symbolic of the death of Eris the Nobel and the birth of Eris the warrior. Pity she didn't explain that to Rudy instead of just leaving him (but clear communication was never Eris's strong point).

Rudy gets laid but the mental consiquences are huge and show how much he's changed.

Presumably the next ep will be Eris's POV, the fallout of Rudy being dumped and what that inspires him to do next. Or catchup's with some of the "transported".
penrhosDec 12, 2021 12:54 PM
Dec 12, 2021 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
Oh for God's sake Eris, not you too. If there's any trope I'm not a fan of it's the character development haircut. I'm curious to see how she looks with short hair tho. Anyway, good for Rudeus for not trying to take advantage of a vulnerable Eris but that "I want your kittens, nya." was unfair.

Poor Rudeus, after so many years together bonding with Eris, she just leaves... shortly after parting ways with Ruijerd and now he is all alone. No surprise to see him cry for the first time. On the bright side of things, at least now we know that Sylphie is alive!

Only one episode left, I'm not ready :'(
Dec 12, 2021 12:51 PM
May 2021
I have a genuine question. Why exactly did Eris leave? I really hope she wouldn't leave just because they "weren't a match." If anyone knows please tell me cause it makes me sad.
Dec 12, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2017
tyhuffman said:
I have a genuine question. Why exactly did Eris leave? I really hope she wouldn't leave just because they "weren't a match. If anyone knows please tell me cause it makes me sad.

Next episode should hopefully answer those questions. I'd recommend just waiting till then.
Dec 12, 2021 12:53 PM
May 2021
Yeah very true, I sure hope so.
Dec 12, 2021 12:53 PM
Jan 2016
What a sad chapter, first Ruijerd and now Eris, I'm not a fan of Rudeus but this chapter hits hard, he lost all that he has been working in the last years in one chapter, now what? Very well executed chapter, I'm really feeling the desolation that Rudeus feels in this moment... And, I understand why Eris did this, it's better to go away with Ghilaine instead of staying there and became the concubine of an idiot, she wanted just one last night with Rudeus and in some way made their promise because she doesn't knew if they will see each other ever again... I don't understand completely why they didn't take Rudeus too? Maybe she thinks that she still need to gro more to stay in the same level than Rudeus and thats why she said that they are not compatible yet? I'm depressed...
Ok, I will take it, I know that I shouldn't but I will take it, but my sacrifice will be harder than yours, harder than all of yours... I will shed blood for an stupid thing and I'm pretty sure that it will be all for nothing. I will live in hell for some time, so... if you can... please help me....
Dec 12, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 2020
Roughly midway though the episode, I had to pause the episode for a few minutes to collect myself, I was crying so hard. Even though I know they will see each other again, it really was so well done and emotionel.

I really like how they handled the adult scene. I knew it was coming (no, I'm not a novel reader, yet), and I really think it was a nice way to celebrate their relationship. There is no doubt they are both in love with one another, and even at the end, using the wine cup falling into the liquid was such a good illustration of the act whilst still keeping it clean.

Was wondering what she wrote on the note for him to misunderstand her. And after seeing it, yeah, I get why he reacts like he does. Think anyone would at that point. Still, I felt sorry for him as he was walking through the ruins. No doubt, he's never felt this alone in his life. I really want to know how he's going to move on from here.

The worst part is we only have one more episode to go. How am I going to spend my Sunday evenings after next week?? Guess I'll have to start reading the books next...
Dec 12, 2021 12:57 PM

Jan 2021
tyhuffman said:
I have a genuine question. Why exactly did Eris leave? I really hope she wouldn't leave just because they "weren't a match." If anyone knows please tell me cause it makes me sad.
I wouldn't advise clicking the spoiler I provided because we are very likely going to get Eris perspective next episode on why she did what she did but if you can't wait go ahead.

Dec 12, 2021 12:59 PM
May 2012
tyhuffman said:

She left because

Dec 12, 2021 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
She left for Tyrone
Dec 12, 2021 1:04 PM

Dec 2015
For better or worse they made it back. And now with Ruijerd's duty done he's leaving. I hope they see him again.
Yikes it looks terrible. I do wonder how some people teleported while some did not. Or did they make their way back like Rudeus and Eris did?

Eris wanted a family. She didn't necessarily say that Rudeus would be apart of the picture. Holy cheeseballs she cut her hair O_O.
Maybe he can use it as a tracking spell or something once he recovers.

On another note, Ghislaine is going to be in for a surprise. Eris' adventures through the Demon Continent have made her strong.
Dec 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
Our "man" Rudeus just got a Dear John letter. Welcome to the club LOL

On a side note...
You all give twitter too much credit to be bothered by it. Most of them aren't even anime aficionados to begin with. Just a bunch of whiners banded together to ruin anything and everything they don't approve.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

403 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

192 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

276 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

278 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

294 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.