(Translated by https://www.hiragana.jp/)
Criminal Minds Renewed for Season 12 by CBS - TV.com
The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20160816092335/http://www.tv.com/shows/criminal-minds/community/post/criminal-minds-renewed-season-12-cbs-146255444210/
A Criminal Minds Community
Wednesday 9:00 PM on CBS (Returning September 28, 2016)

Fans of CBS's long-running procedural Criminals Minds were a little worried when the show wasn't among the lengthy list of series the network gave early pickups to in March—it was the only veteran series not to make the cut—but they need not have worried their pretty little heads. On Friday, CBS announced the series had been renewed for a full Season 12.

As is the case with most long-running shows, the delay—as we recently pointed out—was a question of finances and cost and had little to do with the show's performance. Currently, the series is averaging 12.04 million viewers, a 2.8 rating among adults ages 18-to-49, and 3.8 among adults ages 25-to-54. That makes it CBS's second highest-rated drama in the core demographics. Criminal Minds also does very well on streaming platforms and overseas. But the series is a co-production between ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios, and the cost to produce the series has become quite expensive. According to Deadline, ABC Studios, which is the leading studio and therefore gets most of the benefits despite the show airing on CBS, has agreed to a reduced license fee for Season 12.

With Criminal Minds' renewal, CSI: Cyber and The Odd Couple remain the only returning series whose statuses are undecided. Meanwhile, the fates of freshman series Supergirl, Limitless, Life in Pieces, Code Black, Rush Hour, and the Criminal Minds spin-off Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders remain up in the air.

Criminal Minds stars Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Matthew Gray Gubler, A.J. Cook and Kirsten Vangsness. Original cast member Shemar Moore departed the series earlier this year.

Want to know the status of your favorite show? Stay up to date with the latest renewals and cancellations with TV.com's handy guide.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/4/2016

Season 11 : Episode 22

21 Comments
Comments (21)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Hoping beyond borders gets renewed
Flag
I really want them to pick up Supergirl, Limitless, and Life in Pieces...and Rush Hour too.
Flag
If there were only one other to be renewed over everything else, please renew LIMITLESS !
Flag
Unlike the renewal of SVU, this one actually makes sense.
Flag
Well I'm happy :)
Flag
Glad CRIMINAL MINDS was renewed.Hoping for CSI: Cyber and The Odd Couple too (though I'm guessing unlikely?).Also rooting for freshman series Supergirl, Limitless, and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.

Flag
OMG really I never would have guessed (cough, cough). Right up there with the shock renewal of Greys anatomy!
Flag
With this news, Criminal Minds episodes will outnumber Wikipedia's list of US serial killers.

Flag
So glad it is renewed. I just love this show. Always watch it when I need cheering up
Flag
Yaaaay!?
Lookout criminals out there needing some good ideas on how to avoid capture.
CBS has got you covered. Shemar had it right. Leave now before the writer's get so desperate for fresh storylines they start looking at o.g. cast members to kill off:/
That, and how long can you be stuck in the same role before it becomes stagnate!?
I can't believe they haven't ran out of new stories after this many years? Here's looking at EVERY show that made it to 10 years and beyond.
Flag
I gave this an 85% (my highest) chance, and it's the first one announced! :-)

I hadn't given a percentage one for CSI: Cyber, but I'll say 1% chance at renewal, just to avoid the actual goose egg. I don't/didn't watch the others.
Flag
YAY!! Criminal Minds remains one of my favourite procedural series so I'm really glad it got another season. Now if only they could bring back Prentiss for more episodes (or as a series regular) that would be brilliant!
Flag
Yay! :)
Flag
csi cyber, rush hour, limitless need cancelling supergirl needs better writing and correct the mistakes of season 1 for example superman being affect by the mind control thingy in the finale plus supergirl passing out very quickly in space where has in the comics both superman and supergirl have super endurance mean they can survive in space a long time before having to breath in air.
Flag
I kinda like the fact that in this iteration Superman and Supergirl aren't completely invincible. The show has never said how Superman travels in space so it wouldn't surprise me if he has a space suit or spacecraft.
Flag
they are not invincible but to them make weak either mentality or phyiscal in a short time without someone using powers, kryptonite, witchcraft etc is stupid.
Flag
...And yesterday's article said I would have to wait weeks for this announcement.
Flag
Finally. Great news!
Flag
Yes!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Olympics 2016 Primetime
    NEW
    NBC
  •